Our location is Somerville College for the main part of the conference, but our roundtable segment (from 4.15pm on Friday 15th July) will take place at Pusey House, which is five minutes’ walk closer to the centre of Oxford.
We are unfortunately not able to book accommodation directly for delegates, but there are various options to stay in Oxford if you are coming from elsewhere.
- Several of the colleges offer their student rooms as visitor accommodation during the summer – you can look at availability here: https://www.universityrooms.com/en-GB/.
- There are plenty of hotels and some hostels at various price points in and around Oxford, but bear in mind that mid-July is a busy time for graduations and tourism, so take a look ASAP.
- On the budget end are hotels such as EasyHotel in Summertown (a short bus journey from Somerville), Premier Inn (several locations) and Travelodge (two locations at Park and Ride sites).
- With support from Medium Aevum we are able to offer a small number of bursaries for those not able to access institutional funding for this purpose; if you would like to be considered, please indicate on your registration form and register by 18th June. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific questions.
- The train station in Oxford is 15-20 minutes’ walk from Somerville College.
- If you’ll be travelling by car, please note that there is no parking on site. The Pear Tree Park and Ride is the best option for travel to Somerville as the 300 bus stops just opposite the college.